Malongane Resort # 1
PONTA MALONGANE RESORT
ACCOMMODATION DETAILS: Log huts, rondawels, chalets, tents on deck, guesthouse and camping sites, see details below
DIVE PRICES: R290 per dive if pre-booked and paid and R320 per dive if booked at the resort
DIVE COURSE: PADI diver training available upon request
If you and your family are seeking adventure, Parque de Malongane Holiday Resort with its amazing beach, enchanting beauty, and wondrous reefs is the place where your thirst for freedom and excitement will be quenched. Situated 6 hours from Johannesburg and 4 hours from Durban, you can enter through either the Kosi Bay border post (15 Km’s from us), Swaziland, or the Lebombo border post at Komatipoort. A border transfer service from the Kosi Bay Border is also offered for those that don’t have a 4x4 vehicle of their own .
* Parque de Malongane, near the town of Ponta Malongane is one of the premium dive centers’ and adventure holiday resorts in
* The dive shop offers a full range of Aqualung diving and snorkelling gear to rent at affordable prices
* The resort offers Open Water, Advanced Open Water and Rescue Dive courses at the resort
* Join one of our tour operators on an Ocean Safari to experience un-intrusive interaction between humans and dolphins
* Snorkel at leisure or off the boat to reach some shallower reefs, which can be an experience to remember
* Surf tides allow for surfing and kite surfing
* Ponta Malongane is a dream destination for Deap sea anglers and spear fisherman as fishing is a very popular activity at Parque
* Quad bikes welcome (conditions apply)
|Photos by Louis van Wyk, Ponta Malongane|
Parque de Malongane boasts 53 beautifully shaded camp sites which are spread along the 1km area of the Resort. There are 6/8/12 person camp sites all individually numbered and demarcated by poles. Each site has a 3 point 5 amp plug point. All sites are within easy walking distance to beach & one of our 5 public ablution blocks.
Dive Camp Tents
The resort offers 25 two-man dome tents close to the Dive Camp, boat launching area and Nascer do Sol Bar.�Each tent has two twin mattresses and mosquito screened windows and doors. There are 14 Deck Tents built up on wooden decks with shade covers and 11 Ground Tents in the shaded camp area closer to the beach.
There are 4 x 4 sleeper rondavels close to the restaurant, just a few meters from the beach, and a short walk from the dive camp, each with private beach entrance! Two have a separate bedroom with double bed, and all have open plan kitchen/living areas. The fully equipped kitchens include crockery, cutlery, fridge/freezer and gas cookers. They are en-suite with hot showers and ceiling fans, and serviced daily
Rustic Log Huts
There are 19 Rustic Log Huts situated at the Dive Camp, just a few meters from the beach and Nascer do Sol Bar, which are ideal for scuba divers.. Each log hut has 2 twin beds with bedding and linen.�Adjacent ablutions have hot water showers and power outlets for hairdryers and shavers. There are no plug points inside the log huts.
There are a total of 10 chalets at Parque de Malongane including 2 x 6 sleeper, 4 x 4 sleeper, and 4 x 5 sleeper chalets each with open plan kitchen/living area. The fully equipped kitchens include crockery, cutlery, fridge/freezer and gas cookers. These chalets are serviced daily and have private bathrooms with hot water showers and ceiling fans.
4 x 4 driving route between Ponta Malongane and Maputo
A very interesting and testing sand road drive (about 100kms) but it takes about 4 hours. Once in Maputo you can enjoy a ferry ride, seafood and true Mozambican culture, before making your way back to the resort
Parque de Malongane offers 24 dive reefs, which range from idyllic 8m, to extreme deep blue 40m dives. The closest reef is only 300m offshore, whilst the distance to the furthest is about 7 Km’s.�The reefs offer something for everyone, from Open Water to Advanced divers, from professional photographers to just casual photo enthusiasts, for those who study corals and fish to those divers who only wish to appreciate fantastic world-class diving.
Click here to view the dive sites of Malongane
Surfing and kite surfing
At Parque de Malongane your adventurous experience doesn't stop with diving. Our surf tides allow for surfing and kite surfing, and if the wind is right, kiting can also be part of your daily activities. We unfortunately do not provide kiting and surf kiting gear yet.
Join an Ocean Safari to observe the beautiful landscapes and to experience the power of the ocean. If you’re lucky the dolphins might even accompany you throughout the trip. Southern Mozambique is home to approximately 150 Inshore Bottlenose dolphins resident in the area.�One of our tour operators will help you to share some of their extraordinary wonders associated with un-intrusive interaction between humans and dolphins.
Fishing is a very popular activity at Parque de Malongane, and we are a spear fisherman's dream destination. A cleaning area is provided in the dive camp for deep-sea fisherman with their own boats, and we've got excellent staff who are more than willing to help. . . unfortunately no bottom fishing is allowed. Please ensure that all boats comply with the necessary safety measurements, clean up any oil or petrol spills, and check your map for the location of the warming up/cleaning/parking areas.
Explore the Indian Ocean’s amazing underwater world as you snorkel at some of the best spots in Parque de Malongane. There is a variety of barrier and patch coral reefs ranging from less than 1 meter up to about 2 meters in depth along the coastline. The dive shop offers a full range of Aqualung diving and snorkeling gear to rent at affordable prices. There is an option of Snorkelling off the boat to reach some shallower reefs for an experience to remember.
If you own a quad bike feel free to bring it along and go wander Mozambique outside the camp, since we unfortunately do not allow quad bikes or motor bikes to be driven in the camp at any time. We provide a secure bike parking area at the Reception, else we kindly ask that you keep your bike on a trailer.
DIRECTIONS FROM JOHANNESBURG
* From Pretoria/Johannesburg drive to Witbank - 112 Km’s (S25.89561°, E029.25282°)
* From Witbank drive to Middelburg. Take the 3rd offramp after the tollgate - 141 Km’s (S25.8243°, E029.52767°)
* Turn right to Hendrina - 184 Km’s (S26.17293°, E029.72121°)
* Straight through to Ermelo - 232 Km’s (S26.51698°, E029.98431°)
* From Ermelo take the N2 to Piet Retief - 330 Km’s (S27.00439°, E030.79468°)
* Continue to Pongola - 430 Km’s (S27.38342°, E031.62415°)
* Continue on N2. Turn left to Jozini - 482 Km’s (S27.54277°, E031.97897°)
* Through Jozini, keep left over dam wall - 500 Km’s (S27.42503°, E032.07366°)
* At T-junction turn right - 537 Km’s (S27.09919°, E032.15900°)
* Follow the road to Manguzi/Kwangwanasi - 603 Km’s (S26.98895°, E032.75589°)
* Straight to Kosi Bay border post - 618 Km’s (S26.86427°, E032.82940°)
* To Malongane (sand road) - 632 Km’s (S26.79591°, E032.89114°)